View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:18 AM
FlybyKnite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777

Originally Posted by fdx727pilot View Post
IMHO, the best way to bid is to sort for Max BLG using Fastbid or BidX, and bid those lines down to Avg BLG, Then bid "any VTO" or 9952, as for pay only, VTO pays Avg BLG. Then the rest of the lines down to RLG, then "any Reserve" or 9954. After that, bid the rest of the lines, as believe it or not, occasionally, some flying lines pay less than RLG.

That's the "Fdx727pilot" approved method for bidding pay-only, and my $0.02 for the day.
Originally Posted by AerisArmis View Post
Agree with the above. . . .
If you don't have fastbid, have a bud run it for you and print it out.
Also agree with Fdx727pilot. It didn't take long for me to crank out the approved bidding list for the whole class on Friday after the lines were released (builds class unity, get you free beer, etc).

The one thing that was omitted above (but mentioned earlier) is that for the bid month you exit training-- you should be concerned with the number of work days. (See CBA Sec 25.I.2.) Two lines pay the same BLG, but one has 17 days off and the other 15 days off. That's two extra work days-- and your custom line will be built with 15 days off instead of 17. And if you are awarded carryover, they can (and probably will) give you a carryover trip not of your choosing or R-days.

So you should be sorting and bidding for Max Days Off w/o carryover with a secondary sort for Max BLG. That should order the lines with the same number of days off in BLG order. At the bottom, go any VTO and any reserve w/o carryover, since they are all built to min days off anyway.

The only thing worse than working extra for straight time is working extra for free!