View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 10:57 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by watch View Post
They’re both still great options.

Regarding flow: I’m surprised at the low flight time, low pay, and commuting pilots are willing to take on by going to a regional with flow. What a cheap draw. I understand the attraction but damn, with the retirements in the next ten years anyone with time and competence will get hired by a major.

Commutair and Expressjet are two of the best places to go today. Im starting to lean toward expressjet because of lower reserve time and reserve is a 2 hour call out.
Seriously? Like, really?
You don't even have a job yet, but you know which are the best places to go today? Get real man.

I'll give you an idea: Most new-to-121 pilots hired today at Envoy will have their 1000TPIC faster than their peers hired at other regionals. 1-3 months of reserve, plenty of flight time. The 145 guys have been a minority lately.
Envoy guys will have the flow in their back pocket. Right now the flow is just under 9 years with zero outside attrition. Everyone knows that's the worst case scenario - well, it's actually an impossible scenario given that there are a bunch of guys retiring before that time that haven't been counted etc. But they will be just as hireable elsewhere as others if the flow isn't working for them.

The market is good. You should try it.