View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:40 AM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by NeverFlexTO View Post
Have you seen the video? Or is this heresay, because that’s not at all what he said, he eluded to things but didn’t come out and say these are done deals...also things change on a daily basis in the regional industry. Flew RJs for 11 years, saw it all, just when you think you know, things change with the snap of a finger. I watched a company hire 250 pilots for 25 airplanes and after airplane #10 showed the other 15 went somewhere else...deals will be struck if it makes economical and business sense, not what you, me or any other pilot thinks what will happen...we are all pawns
I've seen the video. Bastian said with clarity that going forward their regional partners would be Republic, Endeavor, and Skywest. He also said that small operations like Gojet would be gone in 12-24 months. That is why the managements at TSH and Delta weren't happy it was released and it was taken down. What he said was clearly "among friends" and off the record. Bastian never thought the comments would see the light of day. Kind of stupid in the age of cell phones, but CEOs and politicians make mistakes like that all the time.

If you have been around as long as you say you have, then you know these CPAs are written with plenty of ways for mainline carriers to dump the regional carrier for lack of performance or other reasons if they feel the need to terminate early and get rid of them. With the IOCC cluster and other issues I guarantee Delta and United have all the ammunition they need to cancel these contracts if they desire. The biggest impediment to moving the planes is the lack of pilots, otherwise I think this would already be happening.

Now its the airlines, hold your breath and things can change. But if you work for any of the TSH carriers and don't realize some big changes are likely headed our way, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you cheap. What is likely is the airlines are sold and Hulas heads back to Boca with a big check and we are all better off for it in the end. But there is always the danger TSH management could screw this up and have the planes taken away, which wouldn't be good for any of us. Gojet is likely up first, and if they lose the 25 UAL 700s that will tell you where we are all going. What affects one TSH carrier could affect us all.