View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 11:41 AM
sigler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Thx for the responses. I may be overthinking some of it..
I’ll try putting in the exact weather conditions in the ACARS next time and see what it gives- just seemed odd it was so far off compared to the release.

Ok I worded the 60% thing wrong. I think.
So when ACARS says unfactored distance is 2968 and minimum required is 4312 (estimating numbers here) .. it just means I can stop the aircraft in 2968’. But we’re saying 4312 to be safe so the runway needs to be a length that is equal to 7186 (4312 is 60% of 7186)

So now let’s say we have to add 20% to our length for some QRH reason. .. I’m a multiplying 2868 by 20% or 4312?

Now ACARS is out. Using the release. It says my min req’d landing for the conditions that exist is, let’s say 4455’ (ACARS usually gives shorter lengths). Same Qrh scenario. I’m adding 20% to that number?
Are you asking about a failure before take off, as in the airplane is dispatched with a MEL item that affects landing performance? If so, multiply your total RLD (4312’ in your example) by whatever factor your MEL tells you to. Once in flight, or if you have a failure in flight, use whatever means your company gives you to calculate your in-flight landing distance, or the QRH. Forget about the numbers on your release, they no longer apply once you’re airborne.