View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Deez340
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Time to resurrect the thread with things I've heard/learned this week in Indoc at Delta.

Yes, the email was in seniority order. 24 in the 3 Dec class and we all got the 7ER to JFK. Like the Nov class, most plan to bid off with the next AE in Feb or Mar. Next AE is said to be similar to the last with lots of movement. Dec class is about 60/40 civilian/military.

Jan 7 and 21 classes of 33 and 35 respectively and can expect a mix of aircraft, about 16 ERs per class and some domestic 75/76 plus other stuff I guess. They were still finalizing our drop on Monday morning and it was a couple hours after we started class that we were told we would all be going to NYC so expect changes.

Next classes can expect between 5 to 7 days of "off" time between Indoc and systems. You will have a systems distance learning CD along with all of your pubs to study during your break. You have to have that stuff down when you show back up for training. We all leave Fri and the first group shows back for training on Jan 2nd. It's great to get Christmas off this year because I think it will be my last off for a while.

There were 406 new hires for 2007. Looking for 600 to 625 new hires in '08 by Sep. Projecting 33 growth aircraft over the next 18 months; 8 777's, 10 737-700's, 15 757's. The China MD-90's are still being negotiated and if they are bought, then more new hires.

Don't call Adrienne to ask about a class date! Have patience. If you got the OK to train email then you are in the system and will be called in due time. Mr B makes the class calls about 30 days prior to class start and will get to you.

Except the first weekend of Indoc, if you have 48 hours off during training you will get a positive space ticket home for your break. There is a change starting with our class. The first weekend of Indoc you will take a jumpseat observation ride on your assigned aircraft so don't plan to make it home the first weekend. We are all scheduled to take jumpseat rides on Sat or Sun. There was an exception and one guy was able to jump home Fri night on a 757 and will jump back on Sun so there is flexibility. I'm going to TPA tomorrow so I'm way happy about it. Unfortunately I won't get any beach time.

You need to bring some swim trunks to class for water survival training.

So far the training and welcomes from everybody has been great. There are lots of very nice folks that are really happy to see new hires. Good luck to the Jan classes! You're going to love it.
Welcome aboard Razor! Was there any discussion about the hiring freeze news?