Thread: Alpa drive?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Nevjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default Alpa drive?

Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Your words, not mine. I said ALPA representing regionals is a conflict of interest. The question is, has ALPA helped the likes of Mesa and others? The answer is flat out no. SkyWest is better managed, better paid and has a better work environment than many of our ALPA (regional) counterparts. That’s a fact.

I don’t really know what to say if you do actually believe Mesa pilots would’ve been better off without a union. What do you think things would be Iike for Skywest pilots if they had the same ceo Mesa has had? They would be worse off then Mesa.

As for conflict of interest, there is none. No mainline MEC can tell any regional MEC what to negotiate for and not regional MEC can tell any mainline MEC what to negotiate for. Each decides independently what they want to negotiate. I don’t blame you for this misconception. This is by for the worst thing that ALPA does, not explain how ALPA works, especially between regional and mainline MECs.

A true conflict of interest is SAPA. By definition, when the organization that is supposed to represent the best interest of the pilots is wholly funded by the entity that is opposed to the best interest of the pilots, you have a perfect example of conflict of interest in the SAPA/management relationship.