View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:13 PM
60av8tor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Phoenix21 View Post
C-12 time will help you apps. No one gives a flying flip about your rank in the airlines... at least anyone who matters.

C-12 PIC time counts for part 121 upgrade requirements (upto 500hrs) so this will help make your stint as a regional FO shorter.

If you’ve got 20 in now and want to go to a legacy why are you talking about staying in for 5 more years. Retire now, do An RTP program and get the ball rolling on your next career!
Can’t say I agree. You’re already at a regional and 1/2 way to 1000 121 for upgrade. Gotta think you will have your 1000 by the time you would get done with the WO transition, go through the course in Dothan, etc. Plus I think only PIC time counts towards the 1000 - could be wrong...

As far as rank... while not the end all be all, plenty of folks on hiring boards are/were military and understand what you’re dealing with in field grade jobs. Looking at the total person concept, I definitely wouldn’t say no one gives a “flip”.

At the end of the day, if it’s something you really want to do, I say go for it. But to pass up an O5 promotion for some c-12 time when already flying 121...? Not me. My opinion only.