Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
Sometimes, their lot in life forces them, if they’re driven to make something of themselves.

Those born into lower class households, or those who wouldn’t be able to afford the tuition, or wouldn’t otherwise be able to get into college academically are forced to play if they want to get a college education. And most don’t make it to the NFL.

My personal feeling, is that the big schools make TONS of money off of these kids and compensating them, at least a little, could change not only the players lives, but their family’s as well. I’m not against it, but there would have to be rules in place so the schools with the deepest pockets and biggest boosters weren’t always competing for the national championship. Alabama....Clemson....

Thank God Tennessee doesn’t have deep pockets.
I will cheer for an 18 year old kid all day long I don't care his background. Start paying him and he deserves to be booed if he doesn't produce. I don't like that at all.

But that point aside, the deep pockets will prevail, and I would wager that more college athletics will be harmed and even disappear than will benefit. I mean, who GAS about tennis, right? When you have to pay your 5* high school QB, that is money that doesn't go to help a young lady win a scholarship to the bowling team. (And Vanderbilt has an excellent women's bowling team... national championship btw) But I guess those scholarships are meaningless.