View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
captain_drew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: FredEx Captain-Retired

Originally Posted by BoilerUP
I'm just a guy trying to CASS to work, thats all...and I'd be very thankful and appreciative for the ride. If you see somebody in a blue & silver uniform looking lost in the ASC soon, come up and say hello.
Well, that’s the ticket, then.

Let me give you a little down home Purple philosophy. Show up bright-eyed and bushy tailed, with some cookies.

No foolin’! Back in the ‘old days’ when FedEx was a small family atmosphere. . ALL the jumpseaters would show up with cookies or brownies and they acted TRULY appreciative for the ride. We hauled ANY employee around . . and believe me, in the Falcon, it was up close and personal.

Over the years I rode countless times from ONT to PHL to pick up a week’s flying PHL/IND or PHL/MEM. On every occasion, the crew was gracious and friendly and OFFERED me a ride when we hit the ramp. No begging. .THEY initiated the offer . . after conversing with them about the purpose of my trip PHL. DON’T sit in our seat with your arms folded -or napping the leg away! INTERACT, converse, ask questions . . when appropriate and let them know you REALLY appreciate the favor.

I was usually going to the downtown hotel for an abbreviated layover before the 1st revenue leg -and they dropped me off at the front door . . but .. many times they had the car swing by the terminal to drop one of the crew off to catch his commercial D/H home. A couple of times I was actually on days off and went back to visit my daughter, who was going to college at Villanova . . and they dropped me off at the nearest train stop.

Even though I was ‘the competition’ they were ALWAYS warm, friendly and gracious. I thanked them profusely at the time. .but to any Brown bodies out there . . THANKS AGAIN . .Fraternally