View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Patches View Post
The huge problem here: as long as you do not involve the actual airport property....you are legal by the contract. The limitation is with the Expense Reporting software that will not let us use any identifier other than MEM. How far away from MEM must you be to file an expense?

I am legal to travel from my home to the Olive Branch airport and expense the cost....but I am limited by the software that has no code for Olive Branch. If I am in Montana, and travel to a small local airport....I just pick a code airport that is "closest" and get reimbursed all day long.

The union should address this with the company to allow pilots to exercise the contract language as written. Any location outside the property lines of the actual airport are fair game - we just need a proper code when filing.
Nice thought but this is a huge stretch, IMO.
First, there is no location “code” restricted by the expense software when one inputs a GT expense. The only expenses that have specific location codes pre-set in a pull down menu are hotels. The GT expense is tied to a particular segment of a trip, R-day or training event. After that, an origin/destination combo along with IDs of acceptable forms of origin and destination in pull downs. The former are free type fields you can put any three characters into. You want to put the 3-letter ID for Olive Branch in? What’s stopping you? It either goes in the blank field for origin or destination.

The bottom line is most of us do recurrent in our domicile. Trying to claim the airport boundary somehow defines our domicile is your loose interpretation of a rather vague portion of the CBA. We have sims and training facilities that are clearly part of the MEM domicile that aren’t within the airport boundary. After years of being unable to expense GT related to training or revenue activities in Memphis, I seriously doubt we’re suddenly going to be able to claim otherwise. There’s no way anyone is going to buy the argument that we should be able to get an Uber to the sim building for recurrent because it’s off airport and therefore not in our domicile.

Last edited by Adlerdriver; 02-02-2019 at 10:24 AM.