View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:45 PM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Patches View Post
This is straight up false. In order to file the expense...you must input an airport code at the start and end of each event. MEM is the only option.

There is no airport code for Olive Branch in the system. We are all limited to a select few airfields that does not include many we are authorized to use. What part of "any two commercial locations" can't you understand?

Domicile defined in the Contract: "An airport or co-terminal airports, designated by the company, to which pilots are permanently assigned....."

No loose interpretation here....its in the actual text of the contract. AIRPORT is expressly defined as the domicile and base. And yes, I've had this analyzed by a lawyer. My understanding is formed by a legal expert on the subject.

What radius applies to the AIRPORT? How far from the airport must we be to file an expense? 10 miles, 20 miles, 100 miles.....how about you loosely interpret that for me?

That is exactly what I'm saying....because that is how the contract is written. It might not be the intent.....but that does not matter in legal settings. The words are written clearly and anyone looking strictly at the text can interpret this any other way without defining a specific radius.
Then why don't you expense transportation while in domicile for training and you and your lawyer can grieve it. This would be a huge help to the crew force.

Edit:

The contract doesn't state "any two commercial locations." It's hard to debate the meaning of contract language if you can't get the language correct.