View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 02:57 PM
backtoregionals
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I used to work at a Regional that allowed pilots to SAP. While the process had its share of bugs, it was FAR better than anything I've seen at Mesa. Even if PBS spit out a bad schedule for the month, SAP was like an eraser. If you needed certain days off for the month, you could usually trade for them during the SAP window - and not have to burn sick time.

I realize SAP doesn't do anything for you if you're on reserve - but even if you're near the bottom of the list (but off reserve), this helps tremendously. There are so many little things they could do if they weren't so hostile toward their pilots.

Little things that would make a world of difference.

Like severely limiting the endless ready-reserve (as you mentioned). I've been around this industry for quite awhile. I have never, never, never seen such a pathetic contract pass.

Nor have I ever seen a union endorse such a ridiculous TA. It's almost as if they were TRYING to make pilots choose another regional.
This company and our MEC is a JOKE. Our contract is embarrassing. A lot of our hotels should be illegal..RIC, ICT, DSM to name a couple.