Thread: Airline Pilot
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:09 AM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by OverTheHills
What types of things could I get multi engine time for? And I was thinking of going to Seneca college (http://aviation.senecac.on.ca/index.html)
but if you have your commercial pilots lisence you can't get in, so should I just wait until I'm older to get all my ratings and lisences (get them all at college)? Or I can just get my PPL and then go to Seneca and get all the others, but I don't think they have the flight instructor rating, and night rating. I just want to get a jump start and get as much done as I can now instead of later.

I would start now. I started when I turned 14. If I were in your position I would get your PPL and Inst then transfer in for the commercial and multi. I did see the CFI on there anywhere but I did see they were activly recuriting CFIs. So if you needed to you could got to a local flight school to get your CFI then try to get hired by them as a CFI. Then you would be able to build your flight time. As far as the multi engine, as part of the CFI there are add on ratings to it. So you can become an instrument instructor and a multi engine instructor. Thats how you can build multi engine time. As far as the night rating goes. Well I have never heard of a night rating before. I wonder if its just a Canadian reg. In the US you have to complete some night time for different Certificates but there is no rating.