View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by flyinghedgehog View Post
Thanks!

Could you elaborate about travel benefits? Are you guys eligible to list for cabin seats on airlines other than AA and AA subsidiaries? Hotels are ok? (no fleas and bedbugs and such)

And most important thing -- are you guys punished for legit sick/fatigue calls? There are some rumors about that.
I won’t add more about travel since someone else did but I will add to sick and fatigue.

Fatigue calls as stated get put through a computer and then the results are discussed at a monthly review board that has both union and managment reps there. The number approved is something around 98% based on the last time I heared then explain the process. It has to be pretty grievous to get denied or simply no information given. They now break down the call into one of four catalogories. Needless to say, if you are fatigued you don’t have to worry about using the system in place here, it’s good and it works.

Sick calls often get blown out of proportion here as well. The general rule of thumb is don’t use more than 4 “calls”, not days a year. After that a good chance you will get called in for some discussion.

Again if you are sick, use your sick calls without fear. If you appear to be abusing it be able to explain why, file for FMLA if legit chronic calls or stop abusing the system and hurting chances for everyone else.