View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 03:48 AM
c402fr8er
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: jungle jet

Originally Posted by Cubatticus
Thanks so much for the info! I still fly with the ANG but I need more hours and to check the 121 box. Driving to both jobs would be clutch. Fingers crossed that it'll be a relatively quick (1-2yr) touch and go before getting picked up at the majors. I've got >500 mil PIC...does this mean I could potentially upgrade once I hit 500hrs 121 time? What are the thoughts between PSA & Commutair...I really am looking to hit the line the quickest and get those hours.

Yes, at CommutAir we have had several upgrade at 500 121 based on prior military crew aircraft commander time.

We are currently not filling our upgrade classes because not enough FO's are qualified.

Training is pretty much a straight shot from indoc to sim with as few breaks as you want (sim slots are bid during systems, so you may end up with a break there) FO's are being held up a bit in IOE as we prioritize captains right now, but figure 3-4 months to the line, possibly less if you mention how close you are to upgrade requirements.

All the ground training is at Dulles, so there is that as well. It has also been going junior on the FO side, but once you upgrade it is quite senior (though, in 6-9 months that could change as well)

Its not the best, the reserve rules can be rough at times. But it has been a good ride for many of us the last few years.