View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:28 AM
cloudkicker1981
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: TRYING TO STAY AWAKE

Originally Posted by TonyC
I got the impression that the Contract we live under today was not as much negotiated as it was dictated by management. Yeah, I know, there are guys that were there that swear it wasn't that way. Nevertheless, I believe the reason it took as long after the parking lot debacle as it did was after the NMB convinced the Chairman to resign, none of our guys knew shorthand.

Fortunately, this is a new day and a new team.

I've always been a bit amused by the light-hearted (and sometimes not so light-hearted) ribbing that goes on between commuters and non-commuters. I've done both, so I've seen the advantages and disadvantages both ways. The first complaint I recall hearing was that commuters show up for work too tired to fly. Balderdash! My experience has shown that it's a lot harder to get your rest at home in the middle of all the kids and wife and bills and telephone and yardwork and ... well, you know what I mean.

It's very easy for me living in domicile to take the scheduled deadhead. While I think if we all were to do that it would put the Company in a bind, I realize it would be a hardship on commuters. On the other hand, it's a lot easier for commuters to turn down Draft trips. Well, perhaps that's not entirely correct, I have no problem at all saying no. I guess a better way to state it is it's more difficult for commuters to take Draft trips.

Now... about this "Bubba" thing....

We all have our different opinions about lifestyles and locations. I'm a Memphis native and I'm happier here than I would be in, say, Phoenix or Seattle or Miami. There are folks who prefer Seattle, and there are those who prefer Miami, and so on, and so on. Variety is the spice of life, yanno. But I ain't a Bubba. OK, so I drive an '83 Bronco with more rust than most new cars have steel. Big deal! It's paid for.

It's time to focus on what we have in common, and put the petty differences aside. All for one, and one for all.

Two Years Is Too Long ! ! ! !

- The truth only hurts if it should -
O no you didn't leave a space between yardwork, its yard work. Wait your not God, your not.......perfect.......crap you better start looking for another line of work.

Um, do you really want to start this TonyC. Let me first say that I don’t usually waste my time with people like you but I really don’t like you and your stupid little icon. If time is not that important to you and you must punctuate everything properly, then run it through spell check, and then proof read it again just to post on a public forum then I will give you the same liberty, just this once though. But I bet you’re just a blast to fly with, making sure you correct every phrase that comes out of the rest of the crew’s mouth, or better yet at the yacht club. Because we all know you wouldn’t have the balls to show your face at a real bar. It’s pretty sad and pathetic that you come on here just to correct peoples spelling. But ya, there’s probably plenty of time for you between all the chat rooms. We can all see pilots like you a mile away walking through the terminal, your FO or CA, and FA, 30 feet behind you because your such an ass to be around.

Yeah your right TonyC, the truth does hurt, doesn't it.