Thread: Alaska Air Hiring

coolyokeluke , 02-05-2019 06:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off
coolyokeluke
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2015
Quote: It honestly seems like every day I'm at work I realize something else about our newly inherited work rules that makes my jaw drop. Ever been kicked in the nuts every single day? That's what transitioning to L-AS's work rules is like.

The last 5 days of looking over our new schedules have been the most discouraging in my whole career. Airbus pilots are ALL losing something, with junior people likely losing almost every aspect of QOL they were previously able to not only look forward to, but count on. Gone are the junior lines of 17 days off of almost any legal combination of your choosing with 80+ hrs of credit and commutable trips, now we are forced to choose between prebuilt lines that are almost entirely uncommutable, almost all 75-78hrs with no ability to drop anything, with horribly unproductive trips with 40+ hour layovers for which we aren't paid, and many with only 13 or 14 days off. The fact that all of the lines are roughly the same credit, whether they are 18 days off or 13 days off, almost ensures that junior people will end up losing 3-5 days off per month, plus several more with the 6am reports and 1130pm release times factored in.

And good luck improving your schedule as a junior line holder, because all the trading is seniority based too. So being junior here just means getting fisted 3 separate times. As a junior line holder under PBS, I ALWAYS got the days off I asked for, including a week off over thanksgiving.

Every airbus pilot here is looking at a huge paycut, less opportunity to make extra credit, much fewer days off, lots more hotels, lots more wasted time on layovers, and MUCH, MUCH, more time spent bidding. I NEVER saw schedules this bad at either of the two diarrhea-tier regionals I spent time at prior to coming here. The fact that this is, and has been, business as usual for the Boeing side for quite a while is absolutely astounding to most of us because it is NOT NORMAL in this industry to have such absolute TRASH quality of life.

And while management is certainly partially to blame, who is responsible for many of the "fatigue mitigation" rules that are built into our pairing construction, independent of the CBA? Just saying. This needs to end NOW.

And to the OP, if it wasn't obvious, don't come here.
I would agree with almost everything except "huge pay cut". It's not hard to find what Virgin pilots we're working for before, it was a significant pay raise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk