View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 PM
dmk1984
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Gear Operator

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
So you had an accident driving while intoxicated, ended up with a TBI, had blood work in the ER that was “suspiciously” high, to the extent that it was STILL high the next day? And you somehow believe because you were never really CHARGED with a DUI that the THREE physicians you have talked to can’t possibly be correct in saying you are headed for HIMS - if indeed you are even THAT fortunate?
What’s the deal, are you the APC police? I didn’t come for random APC warrior’s personal opinion. I was not driving, I stepped on an electric scooter on private property, fell very quickly and injured myself. The police were there, I didn’t get lucky or “get away” with it.

I never denied drinking far in excess. I am not claiming the BAC was tampered or something. I’m saying it may not be correct, but I was definitely inebriated. I am not denying that HIMS is a very real likelihood or else I wouldn’t be here in the first place. My question is does anyone know of any situation like this? The three AME’s say HIMS, (however none of the AME’s said it was a certainty, with no other incidents to show this was anything other than what it was - a stupid mistake) but they cite specific ARRESTS and DUI related instances. This is a situation in which I over-consumed, big time, and injured myself. There was no arrest because there was no crime.

I’m not a fan of your condescension and overall tone. I came for info, maybe a sprinkling of opinion. I have a career, and I have a life. However I’m glad people like me exist so you can spend your evenings educating us on “how it is.” You are a prime example why most intelligent pilots don’t use this page.