View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Bigdog2003
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by V4LKYR1ExONE View Post
I don’t know anything about Arizona, but if you already live in Florida I’m not sure why you’d want to move across the country for a CFI job. That’s an expensive endeavor for very little net gain. You have the best chance here to meet your goals year round. Look up some other schools in different regions of Florida. Many of them will advertise CFI positions on their website and include monthly or weekly flight hour averages.

Also, I understand your desire to time build, but there’s more to CFI than that. If your primary focus is YOU during your time as a CFI, it won’t matter WHERE in the country you go, because your students are going to notice and request another Instructor. Or, if your school is rife with timebuilding ‘instructors’, the students are going to eventually go to another school, and yours will have a bad rep. I wonder if that’s why the CFIs at your current school have averages that low.
We aren’t moving just for me to be a CFI we are a family that likes to move around and see and experience different places. We lived in Indiana up until I had spent 14 years in a factory and then decided to experience Florida while I went to flight school and start my career change. We are just looking to move out west some where so we can experience living and experiencing an area we have spent little time in. I am excited to be a CFI not only as it is the path I plan to take to build my hours but also share my experience and love for aviation with the students I get to teach. The school I am currently at has a lot of seasond instructors that are there to share their passion. We have retired fed ex pilots and other retired airline pilots that are sharing their knowledge everyday. Also our school has mostly military students coming through that you instruct up to solo then they are gone. I am just looking for options on ways to experience something new with my wife and children while we still can and also build hours towards the end goal. I probably worded my first post a little wrong about wanting to move just to build hours. I hope to also use a move to a different region to build on my experience as a pilot in different airspace and terrain challenges.