View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 AM
3GreenKSNA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: ERJ Right

I had a major problem with an unscrupulous provider so be very careful. When asked if they took our insurance they said yes. What I failed to ask is if they were in or out of network. They ended up being out of network. Found this out the hard way later on.

If they had been in network I would have paid a lot less, Regardless of their shady actions I describe below. They had no intention of filing a claim for the cavity filings despite their paperwork saying they were being paid out from the insurance. When I called met life they explained they had only received a claim for the preventive work. The office presented me with a document showing my portion and the insurance companies portion. My portion alone was more than what the total amount authorized by MetLife. The dentist was perfectly happy over charging me even as an out of network provider keeping my money and not filing a claim with MetLife as their total income would have been vastly reduced. The dentist office hoped I would not have done my homework. I ended up getting my money back.

MetLife was great, franchised dental office, not so much.

-Keep the dirty side down