View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Bigdog2003
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by V4LKYR1ExONE View Post
Ah, I gotcha now. You sounded like a much different pilot in the OP. The dreadful timebuilding ‘doesn’t really care’ Instructor. Sorry if I Knee-jerked in my response.

As for your current school, the average student being a presolo military pilot is unusual. I would expect monthly flight time averages at most schools to be 70+ hrs for instructors. Much more than 80 and you’ll be exhausted. I would be wary of a school that promises near 100 hrs a month. They will probably work you like a sled dog.

Good luck to you brother.
No problem. Yeah my current school deals mostly with military initial flight training with a few civilians like myself that are going all the way. As long as the military sends students you can build time but you will be doing a lot of stalls and landings. No cross country or night time training. It has been a great school for me and I have learned a lot from the experienced guys that are there we are just looking for a different experience. We are looking for our place that we would like to lay down some roots.