Old 02-09-2019, 12:41 PM
word302
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Fixnem2Flyinem View Post
SkyWest is up to almost 5000 pilots, correct? I know that at least 2500 of those pilots were hired in the last 4-5 years. All of which want to move on. In 2021 and beyond major retirements crest over 2500 a year combined and a few years with over 3000. Now even if only 20% of those pilot come from SkyWest in the next 5 years that is half of the current seniority list. Again who knows what will happen, but we have never seen numbers like this in the industry. I’m telling you, in 5 years regional management will not know what to do if these projections hold true. But... I have been called crazy before. I will say SkyWest may be one of the last ones standing, but it won’t be the juggernaut it is today
Hiring between 120 and 140/month. I'm not sure how long they can sustain that but I never thought we'd attain the kind of growth we have in the 5 years I've been here. They haven't even started using the signing bonuses we handed them in the last pay agreement. I think they will continue to surprise everyone. I think most of us would love to see more jobs move to mainline but the greed at the top in undeniable.