Thread: Captain upgrade
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 05:16 PM
ninerdriver
Porco Rosso

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Hawk739 View Post
Hi,

Just wondering what is the current projection for New hire FO’s when it comes to upgrade. I know a while back Endeavor was calling it at 18 months but does it change now with the current over staffing?

I have job offers with Skywest, RAH & PSA. But Endeavor has been my top choice since I started training about two years ago, I just feel Endeavor has a clear path to a Delta or at least that’s what I think. I’ll meet my ATP mins soon, I know Endeavor is not conducting interviews which is disappointing.
Endeavor might have the clearest path to Delta, but it's far from a clear path. The DGI forces Delta to give you an interview. It doesn't force them to score you any differently.

If I read it right, junior upgrades were running about two years in November. Things stagnated for a few months in the fall, so it'll probably be somewhere between two and a half to three years for the near future. Those times could change if we get Brand X's planes as company advertises, though we're currently fat on both captains and FOs.

9E is a great place to work, don't get me wrong. I like working here a lot. There's a reason that there's a wait to get in. For a regional, the pay and QOL are great. It's not currently the place for a quick upgrade, though, and it's not a guarantee to Delta.