View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Most of your post I don’t really understand. A couple of things I do get. Latency checks are because many of the pushback times are fantasy. I commute often on our connection carriers. It’s extremely rare to see the out time reflect the actual push time. Often the difference is substantial. You can’t run a good operation without understanding where the issues are. False out times mask the issues.
The oil refinery was a serious mistake on Delta’s part. The cost of the raw product does not change that mistake. Oil can go back to 140 a barrel and the refinery will still be a mistake. In order to try and lose less money Delta has cut the refinery way back on jet fuel production to more profitable distillates. They want it gone.
DGS was not given away. Delta retains 49% ownership in the new company.
Would you at least face that they went from 100% to 49% ownership (or some other number)? Im still waiting for a document saying what percent is what. Stakeholder usually doesn't point to much ownership. In bankruptcy court we'd be called a stakeholder. Its a private company so you have no minority investor protection like a public. With a couple additional metrics they can probably keep them honest by whatever contract they agreed to.

Anyway, the refinery would have worked fine at 140 a barrel but the "fundamentals" of oil have changed since the 140 barrel days, thanks in part to fraking, you shouldn't see anything above 100 for a while. Plus the middle east oil cartel might break up due to different countries wanting to exact a little higher price than what the saudis want. I wouldn't dump on the refinery decision too much, they werent fortune tellers.