View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Setopbug
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

That extra twelve minutes at the hotel isn't going to make any significant difference at all in the life of an FO who might be in a hurry.

It makes a huge difference in the lives of the cabin crew, who have been told that we're a team. If the Captain briefs teamwork and then bails on his red-headed step children the moment they can climb over deplaning first class passengers, what signal does that send?

It makes a huge difference in the comfort level of that passenger who got stuck with seat 29B, who doesn't want to hear the APU spooling down and the heat descending on her before she even gets her emails pulled up.

It makes a difference in the customer service experience of every single passenger who gets to see a pilot standing there thanking them for their business and their trust and asking them to come back.

I can sincerely empathize with any FO who might be frustrated they are held hostage to their flying partner's whims, but this one is really important to both of us and I'm going to insist on it. When you upgrade, then it will be your decision.

I will say this: the more you make this job all about your wants or needs, the more you and the people around you are going to suffer.

Last edited by Setopbug; 02-10-2019 at 05:19 PM.