View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Spicy McHaggis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
If only. Been here for over 3 decades and hate to burst bubbles but nobody cares if your goofy ass is up there after the flights over. Layovers started and let’s go. Thank goodness I never had to fly with some of you guys back when I was an F/O.

Pay meter stopped at block-in and in the cockpits I occupy, the first one out the door doesn’t pay for beers, (always let the F/O beat me so it’s on me). Every once in a while I’ll fly with Mr. Customer service who hands out cards to 1st class pax and try’s to say goodbye to all, blocking my egress. Doesn’t last but 1 leg as I patiently explain that I’m off the clock and the van awaituth.

You think no one cares because you're not there to find out. I've experienced the exact opposite. Pax appreciate it as do the flight attendants. Several times the FAs have been hung out to dry (wheel chair, other issues) and having someone else to help or call in for help makes their job a lot easier and it's appreciated it.

If it's the last leg and commute time, no worries get out of here. If we are between legs and the FO wants to split to go do whatever, no worries, get out of here. If it's the last leg to the overnight, split but I'm going to hang to make sure everyone gets off and the FAs are all set. About the only time I don't do it is if we are running late and are swapping a/c.

You do as you wish, though. I don't look at your face in my mirror every morning.