View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Guppydriver95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Photoflier View Post
This is exactly what I’m referring to. If you want to exercise a little customer care, you’re a “Marvin” on this forum. That’s a truly sad state of affairs in our profession. After several decades of Tiltons, Smiseks and furloughs, I get it. Nobody on here is suggesting that one HAS to stay until the end of deplaning if they are not so inclined. If that was the case, this would be a different thread (like the 45 min report). If you want to bail, bail! No issues here. There isn’t enough room in the damned Guppy for two pilots to stand there anyway!

As a commuter, if I have a tight commute, I’m GONE. If my FO has a tight commute, he/she better be GONE. If it’s the last leg, get on the road if you’re driving! But as the Captain, I have earned the right to stay and say goodbye if I so desire. If the FO wants to head to the van and hang out there, no worries! If he/she wants to get to the layover and grab a cab (which per the contract will not be reimbursable), knock yourself out! Take the van and leave me stranded? We will need to have a serious heart to heart if we are going to continue to fly together.
Couple thoughts here from a 24 year 737 Cap. Sure it’s nice if you choose to hang around. However, the Cap has no more say to the crew transport than the F/O. If you choose to hang around, you’re outside of your authority to expect the F/O to sit and wait if he’s at the curb ready to go. The onus falls on you to expense a cab, because you are volunteering to work for free. If you want to change that, you should advocate that we be paid for that extra half hour. And yes, a full guppy with wheelchairs can easily take that long after brakes are set.

Last edited by Guppydriver95; 02-11-2019 at 10:58 AM.