View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
Very few of the guys who flew the 787 for Norwegian in FLL would be applying for jobs with U.S. legacy airlines. Most of the Americans were guys in their late 50s or early 60s who had retired from one of the ME3 and were just looking to make a little bit more money before hanging it up for good. Several are European pilots who somehow had a green card or dual citizenship. I believe the base captain for FLL was a retired SAS captain from Norway with dual US citizenship, and there were several retired KLM captains in the mix. There were a few younger American guys who may try for a U.S. legacy in the future, but very few, perhaps 10-15 at most. Certainly not enough for anyone to get bent out of shape over.
A few colleagues, my age, that worked at the same carriers overseas were ready to come back to the U.S. but not ready to hang up the goggles. Perfect alternative to finish out their careers. It was more about flying, free travel to Europe, than the money. One or two I’m in contact with took a contract overseas.... again.