View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by queue View Post
It's fair game if you want to criticize me since you have no idea what I do since I don't advertise here, so it doesn't offend me in the slightest bit. But your formulaic criticism also doesn't convince me of your talking points.

However, I'm not a fan of a contract that terminates a pilot's employment because they don't pay dues. I don't like authoritarianism from either the company or another organization (a union). You're just replacing one evil with another. It's ironic that perhaps the strongest contract language is in terms of firing a pilot for not paying dues. Most other language in the contract is wishy-washy at best and has already proven to be exploitable by JB.

I'm not a fan on non-lanyard wearers but it's also not right to persecute them because they are still pilots. I'm sure even the worst of non-lanyard anti-ALPA pilots have still helped you some way or another, even if you have no idea they did. You have to always keep this notion in mind.

The argument of finding employment elsewhere is a tired old argument that doesn't leave room for people who actually want to improve things for pilots. Your solution is to always jump ship for perceived greener pastures? Why not straighten out your own house first? I think that's part of the reason you enjoy your captivity in the existing system that still largely benefits the corporation (e.g. Johanna's $300 profit sharing statement of love to you). Maybe instead of suggesting someone should leave, you should instead consider solving problems, lest you be part of the problem yourself.
Q,

Please don’t misunderstand.

You are vocally critical yet provide no sugestions or solutions. There in lies my critique.

In my time at bluejet those refusing to pay dues have done NOTHING to further our jetblue careers, NOTHING. They have blindly supported JetBlue’s desire to oppress our careers and therefore I cannot support their desire to undermine our careers. The union is here, it was voted in, they WILL pay dues. Consequently, I voted NO for this POS contract so I must support it although I think it’s sheet.

My argument about finding alternative employement was also misunderstood. Criticize jetblue as much as you want but also do something about it. I fully support that. Hell, criticize all you want and don’t do sheet but you better pay your f’ing dues because that money goes to supporting those who put their time on the line for the membership.