View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
jDSTJD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

As a passenger I can attest to the fact that in the era of long lines at security, crowded gates and packed flights, and the often-times miserable traveling experience many people have, it is really refreshing when pilots greet you either when boarding or deplaning with a smile welcoming you or thanking you for flying with them.

I recently flew and as I boarded I mentioned to the FA that it was my son’s first flight. They were so excited. The flights was completely full and despite that they still took the time before take off to let me know that the pilots would love to meet him after landing. Sure enough as we deplaned the pilots invited us into the flight deck and let my son sit in the left seat. The FO even took pictures of us with my phone for memories. It was an evening flight and I could tell the pilots were tired and we were so appreciative of those few minutes they were willing to spend with us. My son will never forget that experience.

So we definitely understand the rigors of your jobs and that you need to hit it sometimes soon after you land, but please know that many passengers really do respect you guys and what you do. In fact, it feels a little odd when you thank us for flying with you when it’s you all who get us where we need to go safely. So I will usually thank the pilots as I leave.

Last edited by jDSTJD; 02-11-2019 at 04:21 PM.