View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 07:29 PM
baronbvp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: E175 FO

Originally Posted by Bluetruth View Post
Please do jetBlue and the others too

JetBlue is the Alaska of the east coast. Passengers love flying both. Some pilots have a bit of a chip that they aren’t paid quite as well as the big majors, but most seem happy to be part of the unique cultures of each. I have no idea how fast you taxi so it’s probably about right. ;-)

I will say I was wrong about United being lucky to be #2. I spent some time there today and was very impressed with the culture and professionalism of the leadership and commitment to excellence in the training department. They have worked hard to overcome the challenges of years past. People are happier than they were several years ago. It looks like a great place to be.

All the big 3 have endured and overcome to varying degrees the significant hurdles of mergers and acquisitions. It is very difficult to gel different cultures and operating processes together to build a cohesive organization. The industry is changing and so are the demographics of the pilot groups. I am glad to be entering the industry at this time of growth. Everyone is trying to do the best they can. It’s an exciting time for the airlines.