Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 AM
leavemealone
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Mobiusixi View Post
Also accepted into this program. I am not trolling, what would be the point?

My confusion lies with the, "You didn't spend 10 years at a regional, so you won't have the experience".

In my early days when I was trying to get my private pilots licence right out of high school. I worked as a fueler for United's contractor as I knew it was the best way into the cockpit and talk with pilots. I fueled thousands of United express ERJs and others.

I always imagined at the time these pilots had years of experience but I was surprised early on to learn most of them were put behind the controls of these planes with 250 hours or a hair above.
My point being I suppose, they didn't get replaced with more experienced pilots when the crosswinds we're gusting at 30 knots or when an engine faluire occured.

Why can't I, assuming I pass the course, be the SIC on an E190 at 1500 hours?

The devaluing of pilots may hold true, but the expirence thing throws me for a loop.

Please understand, I'm not at all trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to understand at least this aspect of the aggression towards this program.
Most pilots believe in paying their dues. And using hours as a rough way to estimate the amount of dues one has paid is the industry standard. For example, a pilot has been flying for 13 years, was a CFI, fo and a captain. Has a masters degree. Most of their experience is international time. 6000 hours of airbus time. of which 2000 is PIC. They have worked with about 28 different nationalities and have never failed a checkride in 13 years. Was a CRM manager and heped out at the safety department. They just got hired by Jetblue after applying for 2.5 years. Compared to that person, what do you bring to the table? Do you deserve the job over that guy?