View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 AM
amcnd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Hey guys, I'm a current E175 FO at SkyWest. Looking at XJT. I'm DEN based but will be moving back east in about a year.

I have a good chunk of CC debt and with my expensive rent in Denver, seems like I'll never dig myself out. The 27k bonus would be an easy way out.

The way I see it:

Pros of going to XJT:
1. Bonus. Pay off my debt. Save for house down payment.
2. Career progression with United.
3. Seems like a good contract.

Pros of staying at SkyWest:
1. Upgrade way sooner, but will be LGA or ORD based and will have to move anyways.
2. Won't have to start over with seniority
3. Won't have to go through initial again and fly the 145.

I'm not sure if/when I'd be able to fly the 175 at XJT but that would make the move a lot easier.

That bonus is a big motivating factor for me. Would I be shooting myself in the foot by leaving?

Thanks.
I jumped regionals... you will always wonder “what if I stayed”. You have to get over that.. because it will haunt you at some point... if your going to go. Get in now. ny waffling a few months could make a huge difference in upgrade time and QOL... my main concern about going to XJT is, UA i scoped out. And GoJet just pulled a hail marry with 50 aircraft for UA. Even though XJT was “purchased” (somewhat) by UA.. not leaving a lot of room for growth for XJT..