Thread: New hire advice
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:19 PM
knewyork
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by 05Duramax View Post
Man, I hope I get to fly some trips with you when I get on the line. Some of the guys on here who for some reason just inherently think people born between 1980 and 2000 have no value as human beings is a bit discouraging (I know it’s APC). Good to see a captain with a positive outlook on here! So far my experience with the company and the culture here has been nothing but really positive.
Oh you’ll fly with me, or at least a lot of other CAs like me. There are plenty of us hired after 2014 that are pretty positive. The guys who survived the terrible times from 2001-2015 have every right to be disgruntled. But lots of us are fortunate enough to have missed that mess so we mostly have a different view. And that’s not to say they’re all like that. I really loved flying with more senior folks who have done this since I was in middle school. I hold great respect for them and I hope they get hired at mainline long before I do.

Stay positive, know the contract, treat others nicely, and you’ll find this job a fine place to stay for as long as you so desire.