View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Asci
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by ACMItrash View Post
12 if they all show up or 6 smart ones who decline and go to K4 or a passenger carrier ....pick one they all pay more!

I doubt any pilot sees an ACMI as their dream job. Sometimes you just make a move at the wrong time and end up stuck somewhere and get comfortable. And I wouldn’t say ATI is the best ACMI for most people but for some it might be a good fit. Especially if you don’t want to fly around the world for 2 weeks at a time (think 20 somethings with kids who still think their first marriage is gonna work out). If you live in or near the hub or one of the west coast amazon airports you could be home every 2-3 days for ~36 hours and still get two weeks off a month (all subject to change at the drop of a hat). And yeah any legacy or even major will be better in the long run. But hey if you have all the check marks to go to a legacy and they aren’t beating down your door and your airline doesn’t have flow... grab some heavy time with a fun group of pilots. And if ATI calls you and 3 months later k4 calls and that’s what you want just bail and go there. You will make more money and gain international experience and look better to brown or purple where you could end up flying international right out of OE.
Either one you will make more as an FO than a regional captain and not work nearly as hard.
Both have grown a lot recently and even with continued growth upgrade times have to increase. I’d make sure you have that magical 1000 TPIC before you go to any ACMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk