View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Please correct if I am way off base on info below:

So UPS had the USPS contract prior to FedEx?

This contract above just got extended with FedEx?

Amazon leader and FedEx leader are not buds?

Although FedEx has not declared Amazon as a competitor per say, Amazon and UPS have come forward recently to announce they are “monitoring” each other vs Amazon just being another customer.

Amazon made a deal with USPS to move a portion of their e-commerce goods several years ago.

FedEx has the latest contract with USPS; therefore, some Amazon goods are shipped via FedEx? (mere 3% I read earlier in this thread)
Probably unable to stop flow of Amazon goods moved by FedEx due to USPS contract maybe?

Amazon bought 4000 vehicles (small vans) a few years ago. I keep seeing a lot of these gray vans running around my area and we are not that populated. (Maybe it’s just my wife/me ordering stuff)

Amazon has now has ordered something like 20,000 Mercedes type delivery vehicles I read in a logistics report, probably easy to google.

Amazon breaking ground at CVG (kind of a large ramp/2021ish completion maybe) and plans for other areas perhaps. Plus, they have ordered/contracted for 10 more aircraft on top of the numbers of aircraft fulfilled on their initial venture at CVG.

Amazon is expanding in the areas mentioned above to encapsulate their ever increasing e-commerce and perhaps other markets besides their own. Just me pondering this chess board...

Once again, please correct info above and this will help to paint a better/decent picture of Amazon Air/Ground strategy.

Thx for any help up front!!!