View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 PM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by cni187 View Post
If you listened to Bob he said the 365 AE is going to be the norm fro now on since it has less training churn due to the upcoming massive retirements.
Luckily we don't just have to accept what Bob says in perpetuity without any regard for quality of life. If we prioritize QOL as I hope in the next contract, I think we can improve aspects of the process via the PWA.

Better control or advanced knowledge of training dates, more control or influence of training dates and improved OE experiences come to mind. I don't accept that we must cede all control of our lives and schedule every time we raise our hand to fill a position the company needs filled. If I can bid CQ training patterns and CQ golden days by seniority, I should similarly be able to bid IQ training patterns / start dates, and perhaps have IQ golden days. I should also have more say when it comes to OE assignments, and not simply be a slave to the whims of an OE planner throwing trips on my line with 2 days notice. Because many of us will endure perhaps as many as a dozen qual/requal courses over the course of our career, I hope I'm not alone in advocating for improvements.