View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 04:42 AM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Breaks even with what? $130,000?

It is completely irresponsible to use $130,000 as the benchmark for comparison. There's no point in even discussing anything which fails to guarantee 50% of a pilot's Final Average Earnings! Given current pay rates, that number should be north of $150,000.

Add in risk borne by the pilot, and that number has to go up even more.

Tinker with the spreadsheets and details all you want, we still cannot make an educated choice if we don't know what it would cost to raise the A Plan benefit from $130K to $150K. A single choice is no choice.

You can bet there are proponents of the Variable Scheme who would love for him to win. I've made my position very clear, and it's not popular among those who have invested so much time and so much of our money going down this road. Somebody had to tell the emperor he was naked.

Believe me Tony, I’m with you 100%. The world knows I’ll never vote for that POS VB Plan. I was only answer a question with info I had. My issue with RA is that he would not pick which side he’s on. Either you’re fit or against the VB Plan and he fail to answer that question.
And this is by no means an effort to discredit RA because he is a fairly cool guy.