View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Winston
Squawking 2000

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Skeptical

Originally Posted by 4fans View Post
Does United massage the awards to suit their purposes like Delta? I feel like that would be one of the challenges to doing mock bids here. You see a few iterations of the results, you finalize your bid, and then the company decides once it's complete to only fill half of those 777A positions which throws the entire bid in an entirely new direction.

I love looking at data and I would love the mock bid, but I see just as many people being disappointed as satisfied if it is implemented.
Along with each vacancy announcement United publishes a Min/Max bulletin which displays current staffing level projections vs. the minimum and maximum required in each BES (Base, Equipment, Seat). They are contractually obligated to award AT LEAST as many positions as needed to reach the minimum, but are at their discretion to award more. Secondary backfills will be concurrently awarded to bring all BES up to at least their minimum as required by vacated positions moving to fill adverstised primary vacancies.

Basically: whatever need is published in a vacancy announcement MUST be awarded, and many additional vacancies (and thus, awards) are created in the award process. Unfilled vacancies are made available to new hires.