View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Bidderswede
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Please don't take this as a "cry me a river"post.
Due to being married and having to provide for my family when I started my pilot career, a lot of options to enhance my resume by going to the regionals was not an option due to poor pay.
This was back in the early 2000 btw.
I did instruct for about 2 years. Then I was able to get hired as a cargo 135 PIC.
Did that for a couple of years to build multi time. Then I was lacking turbine time, so I applied and got a job flying a BE-99 up north.
Family stayed in Texas.
Wife gave me an ultimatum saying continue your career up there, or come back to Texas and stay married. Flew up there about 8 months and accrued 250 hrs of multi turbo prop.
Moved back home while the 2008 recession was going on. Unable to find ANY pilot jobs.
Worked odd jobs to pay bills for a while.
After a couple of years not flying, I was lucky to find a job as a 135 cargo pilot again.
Now I'm lacking Jet hours. Paid for my type rating to get hired locally as a Citation Mustang pilot for a small local 135 charter.
Been flying there single pilot for 5 yrs racking up about 1400 PIC jet time.
And now I'm here...
Plenty of hours, but again short on Crew, 121, and International experience.
Filled out application for ATI, and would be super happy to work at a company flying International heavy equipment to improve my resume!
The thing is...
They might not even consider me due to the lack of hours mentioned above..😔
I feel I have put in my time and effort to improve my resume as much as possible considering my situation. ( financially not able to have flown for the regionals and a wife not wanting to move where better opportunities might have been found).

Is the lack of experience they are looking for going to be a show stopper, and if so,
What would be some recommendations for me to move forward..?
TIA