Thread: New hire advice
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:32 AM
metalfeather
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by terminalgoods View Post
For folks who have recently been through training or are scheduled for an upcoming class; has anyone printed off the YX study guide? I tend to do better with paper study materials versus PDF format. I priced the printing at FedEx for +$200.00. That’s a color print which would be more beneficial considering there are many color coded diagrams. If it’s not crucial to commit before training then I may just work with the PDF. Thanks for any input.
I recommend getting comfortable with electronic documents. During indoc you will receive an ipad with all company manuals, some have more than 1,000 pages. Printing all that content doesn't make sense and you'd be the only person in the training center with a wheelbarrow of paper manuals.

I would use the supplemental guide to get comfy browsing content quickly, use the table of contents and search function. These skills will be essential during indoc studies.

If you print anything, print the flows, limitations and profiles. Do you really need a paper explaining how the the DVDR works?