View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 04:54 AM
Mustang62
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by flydiamond View Post
Some of our pilots need to understand it’s not always going to be possible to get every single day they want off, off. That’s how the career is. The reserve grid is so high because at least on the 900, every single pilot gets used for the really nasty IROPs. We’re lucky enough 3/5ths of our pilots get 15-19 days off a month versus the 11 days off 4/5ths of pilots at other carriers such as Piedmont are getting. Bid for what you want in pbs, rank it high priority, trade with other pilots, trade with open time when able...
I don’t think they use all 60+ 900 pilots on reserve in NYC during IROPS. Either way, it’s just ridiculous to say that the company is overstaffed by ~400 pilots and then not offer the flexibility a green reserve grid offers. Many chose 121 over 135 because of the schedule flexibility that 121 is supposed to offer. It’s understandable why that might not be possible when an outfit is short staffed, but indefensible when grossly overstaffed. I don’t know, maybe management acts like they don’t care because they want to drive people away at this point. I’ve heard that the training dept isn’t allowing do overs on LOE failures at this point.