Thread: New hire advice
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 03:56 PM
AvTr330
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by dodsqubam View Post
I’ve got a class date in May. I’m really excited that the time is almost here! Republic seems like a great place to work. My only concern about is the fact that classes are full (I think now through the end of the year) and it seems like it is already very heavy on the FO side. I’ve been lurking in the Endeavor forum and reading about the nightmare long reserve time their new hires (and not-so-new-hires) are going through. Someone said they only did 100 hours total of flying and they were 6 months out of training.

I’m wondering if my class date in May is soon enough that I will still have seniority and actually be able to fly? If I had to wait until fall to start, I would probably choose a different airline because from what I’m reading in these forums, it sounds like where Endeavor was a year ago.

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but any educated guesses on the fate of a new hire starting class in the next couple of classes, versus someone starting towards the end of the year?

If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? I interviewed in December, just waiting for a class date now. I know they are very backed up, but I'm expecting probably a summer class date.