Thread: Crj 550
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Nevjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
We have to be very careful about it. Yes and No. Sometimes it works and sometimes No. The MEC's don't decide how the money gets spent by the regionals (IE the UAL MEC won't have a say). It's an ALPA National function at the Executive Council Level.

I haven't been very impressed with our ability to protect our flank. I think the out-sourcing issue should have been fully resolved 3 to 4 years ago. We don't have tactical or strategic control of the regional MEC's and their goal setting. They do polling etc as well. They set their own contract goals. I've been talking to a few regional FO's on the jump seat. Some of these folks would love bigger RJ's. So, gotta be really careful.

You’ve just explained why there is no conflict of interest. No MEC or national can compel any MEC what to negotiate! If mainline MEC wants to scope in EVERYTHING, they can. And at the same time, the regional MEC CANNOT compel the mainline MEC to give up more scope so that they can fly bigger airplanes. Therefore, no conflict of interest.