Old 02-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Cheese7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Unlike foreign carriers, US carriers will NOT hire you to fly the Boeing.

Ask your Father to use his Brazilian Diplomatic influence, if any, to assist you in your quest to get a job in a country other than Brazil, perhaps in Portugal. Conduct research to see if TAP has a cadet training program.

In closing, CptVidal, take some advise, while you’re young able to learn... Drop the arrogance attitude. Its time to stand on your own two feet. Don’t rely on your Father’s diplomatic wieight to get a US “GREEN CARD”.

Better to learn now, that arrogance doesn’t bode well with peers, prospective colleagues, or employers.

boa sorte amigo.
I think the language barrier may have made his typing seem arrogant, but I didn't really sense an arrogant attitude. He simply told us that he has lived in the states before because of his fathers job here.

Give the guy a break. Not everybody is lucky enough to be a US citizen. He's just trying to grow in his career as a pilot in a country that doesn't have as many opportunities for low time pilots as other countries do. I can't blame him for that. Id be trying to come to the US too if I were him; I just happened to be lucky enough to be born in the USA. 'Merica!