View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 02:03 PM
P8Bubba
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by Phoenix21 View Post
Let me see if I can articulate better.

The poster is worried about adding an extra time to their timeline by taking a 2 year commitment for flying orders vs adding 15 months by taking boat orders and going non flight current.

15 months non flight current boat tour (with school enroute) plus 6-9 months for regional timeline before they hit the 100-200 flight currency mark.
So for the most cases guys in the P-3/8 FRS only have 12-13 months until separation when finish their FRS tour. Barring a terrible boat CO that doesn't approve terminal leave (2 months), you'd really only be out of the plane 10-11 months from last flight to first day of availability. So assuming you get a job interview 3 months prior to your availability you could in theory still have 100 hrs if the FRS allows you to work the schedule hard your last few months.

That is more of what I was asking. Not doing an 18 month boat tour without even a valid NATOPS check.

Even if you had to do 6 months at a regional it would be 6 months earlier than if you had to fulfill 24 month orders. Pretty specific example, but if that was the case would you bet on yourself and get out early? Only positive of staying for the 24 month flying orders is breaking 1000' PIC (obviously a factor if targeting FEDEX for example)