View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:34 PM
stabapch
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Where are RAH pilots going? Heard that since the big 3 usually don’t hire from RAH, pilots tend to move onto JB, SW, Atlas, etc...

Would it be fair to say that a person should choose another regional to a higher chance at going to the big 3?

Disclaimer: I’m jot bashing the company or the pilot group. Have lots of friends there and my interaction with the company has been nothing, but positive. Just trying to get a feel for career progression after RAH.
To be blunt and honest, if you’re going to believe that any air carrier is going to turn down your application because of a specific prior air carrier listed, over any lack of personal attribution’s provided on your resume, this probably isn’t the right career for you. You define yourself, you make the effort and you get yourself hired. Republic’s name will not help you, nor hurt you. Either will any other regional outside of the 10-year flows.

Republic pilots go to any of the Big 6, like any other qualified applicants. I can tell you first hand this rumor has been going on since 2008, maybe longer. Rather than criticizing yourself when you get no call from a legacy, people find it easier to base assumptions on useless/groundless statistics provided by the union. These stats are published from pilots that choose to VOLUNTEER their info to them, like any other carrier.

It’s a baseless rumor, that’s all it is.