Thread: NetJets new Contract

Flyfalcons , 02-23-2019 05:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Flyfalcons
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2015
Nothing is going to change the sucky parts of the job. Dropping off a plane at maintenance or giving it to another crew resulting in a mid-tour airline (saw two of those in one tour recently), an airplane breaking and you're the best option to recover, the company needing you to be available early because there is a potential trip brewing, the company deciding to give us 1.5 hour shows in the winter, etc. This all goes with the type of operation we have. The good news is, we're getting paid extra when some of these sucky things are happening to us. And we're also getting paid extra when we're out busting hump flying trips while other crews are hanging at the hotel. As someone who has always been on a busy fleet at the company, I'm ready for that change. I go to work to make money, not because I'm one of our geriatric retired airline types hoping for a cush week away from the wife. Extra pay for doing work and dealing with sucky things, pay parity on the FO side, HBA access for all current crewmembers, more money into my retirement? Yeah I'm strangely okay with that.