Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:12 PM
MJP27
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
Yeah

I've been at the check out at a grocery store when I was recently divorced and living paycheck to paycheck.

See a family unit with two carts. One full of food. But stuff I couldn't afford then. Steak. Lobster. Bags of fresh fruit.

Paid for with a SNAP card.

Second cart. Full of booze, junk food, and the guy gets four cartons of cigarettes. He pays cash.

I pay for my ground beef and potatoes. They are getting into a late model Cadillac SUV that has aftermarket rims that are worth more than my beat to crap pickup.

That was a fairly common sight at the grocery. I still see it once a month or so.

So yeah. I don't like paying for the allegedly destitute to eat better than I do while driving a new car.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly this. I worked the checkout at Kroger as a teenager. People used food stamps and / or a WIC card to pay for groceries. Then on a separate bill they would load up on booze and cigarettes. Happened everyday. It’s amazing what you learn what actually goes on in the real world, vice sitting at home watching MSNBC and formulating an opinion off that information.