View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 09:10 AM
fcoolaiddrinker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by NWSteeringArmer View Post
That just shows how little you get it... it’s not about hats... it’s in our contract that it’s at our option... it’s a contractual right bargained for... if we give that to the company, then I want something to replace it in return... I want an extra sick day a month, or an extra week of vacation... anything but I’m sure our union will say, “you’re right company... what else can we give you for free?”
While I agree with your overall premise two things. I’m pretty sure that’s carry in language from an Loa we got for one of the paycuts. It’s essentially language that allowed us to not wear hats because prior to that Loa they were required. So with that in mind I don’t see the company now being able to use that language to require hats. The practice is established and the intent is clear through the Loa. That’s the whole reason it was carried in. Two, I wouldn’t say it was bargained for I would characterize it as given to us a for 75 million plus paycut. In the end I don’t care enough about it to go back and look up old Loa’s. Have fun if you want to. P.s. there are pilots that like to wear hats and this language allows for that.

Last edited by fcoolaiddrinker; 02-25-2019 at 09:42 AM.